Effective: October 1, 2016
Please read this Notice and the provisions of our policy carefully. From time to time, Dale may need to change or update this policy in order to address new issues or to comply with governmental regulation. We will make notice of such changes available to you and will post the changes on the Dale website found at the following URL address: www.daleoperating.com. Please review our website regularly for the latest updates to our policy.
What is Personal Information
For the purposes of this Notice, “Personal Information” means information that alone or with other information identifies an individual, including your social security number and driver’s license number.
What Personal Information does Dale collect
We collect and maintain the following kinds of Personal Information from individuals with whom we interact or do business:
- Name, address, and social security; and
- Lease property address and location information.
We may also collect contract terms and other information to facilitate our ability to provide services in the oil, gas, and mineral leasing business, which may or may not include Personal Information.
How Dale collects and uses your Personal Information
We collect your Personal Information when taking lease and mineral purchase information , which, in some cases, we have been authorized to do on behalf of a third party (the “Third Party”). We collect your Personal Information when we take information for oil, gas, and mineral leases, mineral purchases as well as lease and mineral purchase reports. In addition, we collect information regarding the location, expiration, size and other lease and tract identifying information. Your social security number shall be used for identification and for tax reporting purposes.
All of the information collected from you will be entered into our electronic database and shall in some cases be forwarded to the Third Party and stored on the Third Party’s server. DALE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROTECTION AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT IS STORED ON THE THIRD PARTY’S SERVER OR STORED IN ANY MANNER BY THE THIRD PARTY.
How Dale protects your Personal Information
Dale will endeavor to safeguard your Personal Information using reasonable procedures to protect against the unlawful use or disclosure of your Personal Information, and we will strive to maintain the confidentiality and security of your social security number. From time to time, we will modify our procedures as necessary in order to protect and maintain the security of your Personal Information.
Access to and disclosure of your Personal Information
The following persons and parties have access or may be provided access to some or all of the Personal Information that we collect from you:
- Authorized Dale employees;
- Authorized independent contractors, consultants, and representatives who have been hired by Dale to collect or enter your Personal Information;
- Authorized parties, including other third parties who provide services to Dale or who collaborate with Dale in the provision of services to you, including banks and other financial institutions;
- Authorized Third Party employees and representatives, including other third parties who provide services to the Third Party or who collaborate with the Third Party with respect to the Third Party’s relationship with you; and
- Independent contractors authorized by Dale and/or the Third Party.
In addition to the above, your Personal Information may be disclosed when, for example, it is:
- Personal Information that is already made available to the public by federal, state or local government;
- Permitted or required by applicable laws or regulatory requirements, including reporting such to the IRS;
- Part of Dale’s regular reporting activities to other Dale affiliates or related entities;
- During an emergency situation or when necessary to protect the safety of a person or group of persons;
- To another party, in the event of a change in ownership of all or part of Dale through some form of merger, purchase, sale, assignment, lease or amalgamation or other form of business combination, provided that the parties are bound by appropriate agreements or obligations that require them to use or disclose your Personal Information in a manner consistent with the use and disclosure provision of this Notice, unless you consent otherwise; and
- To any party upon your written consent.
We may use and/or disclose your Personal Information without your knowledge or consent when we are permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements to do so.
Disposal of your Personal Information
Once Dale enters your Personal Information into its electronic databases, handwritten copies of such Personal Information are eventually destroyed. For Personal Information that is not to be retained by Dale for any reason, Dale will destroy, delete, erase, or encrypt or otherwise arrange for the destruction or deletion of such from its databases, which ever is reasonable with respect to such data.
Your acceptance of these terms
By providing Dale with your Personal Information, you acknowledge your understanding of this Notice and accept the terms provided herein. This Notice does not impose on Dale any obligations beyond those imposed by legislation and does not create or confer on any individual or on Dale any rights.
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Write to us:
Dale Operating Company
2100 Ross Ave
STE 1870, LB-9
Dallas, TX 75201